Views
Helpful
Replies

7912 phones resetting randomly on Catalyst 3750V2 switches

ReadersUK
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I just want to throw this question out there to see if anyone has experienced this problem.

We have replaced some switches at various sites with the newer 3750V2 switches and have started to see older 7912 phones randomly resetting or not immediately coming up when they are plugged in, CISCO TAC are looking at this but so far are struggling to find the reason.

Regards

Colin

4 Replies 4

vakkera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Colin,

It is strange that change of switches is causing 7912s to reboot randomly.

Can you please provide the following information.

1. CUCM version

2. Firmware version on 7912s

3. If it is an issue with just the 7912 phones, did you try upgrading the firmware

4. Do you have a sniffer capture from the back of the phone when the issue occured

5. CM traces when the issue occured.

Regards,

Vajrender

Hi Vajrender

Thanks for taking the time to reply. At this time i am just trying to find out if this is a common problem other people are experiencing.

The information you ask for above has already been sent to CISCO TAC. They believe we may have hardware issues with the phones however I am doubting this since the same phones work perfectly ok with the older 3750 switches.

colin

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

hi Colin,

Are there PCs also using this switch?

I have seen an issue before on 3750v2  having issues with 7912 phones resetting caused due to CSCtl21265

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Karthik

Hi Karthik

Many thanks for this, its not exactly what is happening to our site but it is interesting. Its a shame they don't tell us the make of P.C that causes the issue. However i will mention the bug to the cisco tac guy who is dealing with this problem

regards

Colin