cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7925 - WLANDeafult.xml - Unable to process the WLAN Def file /var/tmp/WLANDefault.xml

Daniel Flieth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

at a customer, we want to update the WLAN Settings on the 7925 phones via WLANDefault.xml. Last week i installed the xml file with Auto b/g. This week we wanted to change it to Auto-A. When i installed it, the phones downloaded the xml and used it. When i changed the it to Auto-A and then restarted the phone, the xml file configured Auto-b/g after restart.

Today i only wanted to install the new file and then restart the phones. When the phone boots, i see in the TFTP that the file was downloaded completly.

In the log of the phone i see "Unable to process the WLAN Def file /var/tmp/WLANDefault.xml".

Does anybody know why this is happening?

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have seen the same issue with Auto-A in that XML file. I assumed it was a defect but the customer didn't want to spend the time chasing it and just made the change manually (low quantity of handsets). I suggest opening a TAC case.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

columba
Level 1
Level 1

I received the same log message when I used "Save As" instead of "Default Export".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: