cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7925 - WLANDeafult.xml - Unable to process the WLAN Def file /var/tmp/WLANDefault.xml

Daniel Flieth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

at a customer, we want to update the WLAN Settings on the 7925 phones via WLANDefault.xml. Last week i installed the xml file with Auto b/g. This week we wanted to change it to Auto-A. When i installed it, the phones downloaded the xml and used it. When i changed the it to Auto-A and then restarted the phone, the xml file configured Auto-b/g after restart.

Today i only wanted to install the new file and then restart the phones. When the phone boots, i see in the TFTP that the file was downloaded completly.

In the log of the phone i see "Unable to process the WLAN Def file /var/tmp/WLANDefault.xml".

Does anybody know why this is happening?

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have seen the same issue with Auto-A in that XML file. I assumed it was a defect but the customer didn't want to spend the time chasing it and just made the change manually (low quantity of handsets). I suggest opening a TAC case.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

columba
Level 1
Level 1

I received the same log message when I used "Save As" instead of "Default Export".