cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7937 conference phone - component replacement

ciscokid6969
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7937 phone which says "ethernet disconnected" Tried a few different network ports, a few different cables. Pretty sure its the phone being the problem.

I was wondering where I could order a replacement ethernet board inside the phone from. Its a small polycom board with a voip chip on it, a ribbon cable and the 10 pin rj45 port. Tried searching for a few numbers on the board, but cannot find any info. Its very easy to get to, but obviously i need a new one to swap in there and test.

I dont want to have to junk this phone. I have been successful fixing other devices by using broken devices, however i have no broken 7937's to scavenge parts from.

Is there any online retailer which sells cisco parts? do retailers like CDW sell parts like this? Like i said, i looked up every number on the board and got no results. Does anyone know the part number of this particular part?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are off topic here. Use blue [ EDIT ] button and move thread to Collaboration, Voice and Video -> IP Telephony

That option was not there before, there was only one dropdown box not two as there is when i am editing. I find the fourm titles quite confusing. What i really want is like "hardware support" but whatever.

ciscokid6969
Level 1
Level 1

here is a picture of the part itself. Never got any response back from you guys. Anyone know where i can order this part from? I got a new conference phone and swapped the board and the broken phone then does work perfect, so im sure its the board!