cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7937 conference phone - component replacement

ciscokid6969
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7937 phone which says "ethernet disconnected" Tried a few different network ports, a few different cables. Pretty sure its the phone being the problem.

I was wondering where I could order a replacement ethernet board inside the phone from. Its a small polycom board with a voip chip on it, a ribbon cable and the 10 pin rj45 port. Tried searching for a few numbers on the board, but cannot find any info. Its very easy to get to, but obviously i need a new one to swap in there and test.

I dont want to have to junk this phone. I have been successful fixing other devices by using broken devices, however i have no broken 7937's to scavenge parts from.

Is there any online retailer which sells cisco parts? do retailers like CDW sell parts like this? Like i said, i looked up every number on the board and got no results. Does anyone know the part number of this particular part?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are off topic here. Use blue [ EDIT ] button and move thread to Collaboration, Voice and Video -> IP Telephony

That option was not there before, there was only one dropdown box not two as there is when i am editing. I find the fourm titles quite confusing. What i really want is like "hardware support" but whatever.

ciscokid6969
Level 1
Level 1

here is a picture of the part itself. Never got any response back from you guys. Anyone know where i can order this part from? I got a new conference phone and swapped the board and the broken phone then does work perfect, so im sure its the board!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: