Views
Helpful
Replies

7937G conference phone with External Speakers

Zeeshan Ashraf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Support Team ,

Can anyone advice if we can Connect External Speakers with 7937 G conference phone . We want  Speaker Enhacement .

if yes please let me know which External Speakers can be connected ( Model number ) and how ?

Appreciate your response

Regards

Zee

6 Replies 6

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can order the CP-7937-MIC-KIT=

CP-7937-MIC-KIT=

Wired Microphone Kit (includes two microphones for Cisco Unified IP Conference Station 7937)

Pierre.

Hi phoohen

thanks for your quick response , I understand we can order CP-7937-MIC-KIT but  it use only as a MIC and doesnot work as speaker enhacement  Please correct me if i am worng.

reason is i have a customer who has CP-7937-MIC kit connected with 7937 phone but with this KIt he can only use MIC he can not use  as a speaker phone , he cannot hear any voice on these  MIC kits

please advice if this Kit is used as a  MIC + Speaker phone if yes how

Correct, the CP-7937-MIC-KIT can only be used as a MIC and not as a speaker.

To my knowledge, there is no audio output on the 7937 other than the internal speaker.

Pierre.

thanks phoonghen but cisco wording and documentation is not clear for MIC and External Speakers

For Example 1 :

The CP-7937-MIC-KIT includes two external microphones that connect to the CP-7937G VoIP Conference Station.  The microphones extend voice coverage area and enhance speaker volume output. The CP-7937-MIC-KIT is an ideal solution for larger rooms or rooms with above average background noise.

Example 2 :

This is written in  Cisco Unified IP Conference Station 7937G Phone Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0

Caution

In European Union countries, use only external speakers and microphones that are fully compliant with the EMC Directive [89/336/EC].

I am not getting any proper feedback for this :-(

calhounae
Level 1
Level 1

I realize your posting is a year old but I have the same problem.  I am thinking about trying to see if the Polycom SoundStation IP Mutli-Interface Module will work with the Cisco CP7937G.  There is a You Tube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdFlRehPks where the unit is tested out.  Let me know what you think.

Great video link, I did the same using a Cisco 7970 phone.

7970 have an extenal speker port hiden on the left side.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: