Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 IP Phone registration issue.

Bhavani Sankar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We have a call manager 7.X version. Recently we have tried to add a 7940 IP Phone but it is going till "configuring CM list" and not getting registered. when i saw the App load in IP Phone it is showing " P0030301MFG2 " and where as in call manager it is  " P00308010200 " and it is not downloading the latest firmware from Call Manager. Could this be an issue? If so then what is the procedure to get the same downloaded to that particular single IP Phone.

Thanks in advance.

Sankar.

7 Replies 7

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Sankar,

Below link shows procedure f upgrading firmware on one ip phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080a277a3.shtml

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

I just checked and see the following:

The DHCP is enabled

It shows its getting a correct IP address although i cannot ping it.

The TFTP server it shows is correct the option 150 IP address

Phone displays “Registration rejected: Error DBconfig”

Hi Ronak,

But will it get upgraded from " P0030301MFG2 " to "P00308010200 " directly without any hops.

Regards

Sankar.

Hi Sankar,

As per release notes, No need fr intermediate firmware.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074289/28099/cmterm-7940-7960-sccp.8-1-2-readme.html

regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Hi Ronak,

We have gone through the procedure which you sent but it is not upgrading the firmware for a single phone/ neither getting registered. Kindly suggest me what might be the dependancies.

Regards

Sankar.

Hi Ronak,

Please find the below note that i found in the url below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/firmware/8_1_2/english/release/notes/796040_812.html

You cannot upgrade to firmware release 8.1(2) directly from firmware release 8.0(10) or an earlier release. You have to upgrade to firmware release 8.1(1) first, then upgrade from release 8.1(1) to release 8.1(2).

So, My query is , do we need to downgrade the firmware of 7940 ip phone  in Call manager or will this old firmware also be available in Call Manager.

Regards

Sankar.

HI,

Since your CUCM has new firmware and you want intermediate firmware do following procedure

What you'll need to do is install the older firmware 8.1.1 on  your call manager server if it's not already installed.  Then before  restarting the Cisco TFTP service, go back to the CCMAdmin page and to  Device > Device Settings > Device Defaults, and change the phone load name back to latest firmware name if it is not changed.   After that has been done save it and then go restart the Cisco TFTP  service.  The device default is what every phone will use so you want to  make sure that you leave it at " new firmware" to not change all your phones.   Then to test with only one phone, go to Device > Phone, locate the  phone you want to test with.  On the Device Configuration Page, there is  a field for load name, put in intermediate firmware name save it and reset the  phone. After this add latest firmware name in

Device Configuration Page, in field for load name and restart.

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: