Views
Helpful
Replies

7941 stuck registering IP??

pjonessas1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We have been having this problem since we had our Cisco phone system installed and I've yet to find a solution.

We have a meeting room with a 7941 phone in them, this phone is not used extensively however after say a week you will go to use the phone it it will be stuck with the message on the screen 'registering IP'. No other phones on our network have this issue, its just the meeting room where the phone may go unused for weeks at a time.

It is simple enough to resolve by simply unplugging the phone from the network and plugging back in again causing it to boot from fresh.

We have updated the firmware on all phones across the network before Christmas and I have tested the cable to be good but it is a long run of 91 metre's which I know is pushing the limit.

anyone else having this issue? Or has a solution?

I would really appreciate any suggestions

Regards

Paul

1 Reply 1

pjonessas1
Level 1
Level 1

Just thought I would give you all an update of my progress with this issue.

As I said before out meeting room 7941 phones which are at the end of a long 90m+ cable run would get stuck in a loop with a message on the screen 'registering IP'

I have attached an image of the status message found on one of the affected phones.

Having read through some other threads I decided to apply static IP's to each of the phones and created a DHCP exclusion range.

Since doing this a week ago the phones have remained up, I am hoping that this simple fix has resolved the problem but I will continue to monitor situation.

Hopefully this may be of use to someone else.