cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7941G Dialing Delay

shredder1024
Level 1
Level 1

I have 7941G phones running SIP 9.2.1 firmware, connecting to a FreeSwitch server.

Everything works fine with the phones, except there is a 10 second delay from pressing the dial button on the phone before it actually dials the number. Same issue dialing internal extensions as well.

I also have a SPA303 phone attached to the same server and there are no delays in dailing. Seems to only be the 7941s.

I've attached the SEP<MACADDRESS>.cnf.xml file (removed server IP and authID and Password) and my dialplan.xml

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Bud,

Either you need to lower the inter digit timer or try match the exact pattern.You are using type B SIP phone

"Type-B phones using SIP dial rules offer only one way to dial patterns not explicitly configured on the phone. If a dialed pattern does not match a SIP dial rule, the user has to wait for inter-digit timeout before the SIP NOTIFY message is sent to Unified CM. Unlike Type-A IP phones, Type-B IP phones do not have a Dial key to indicate the end of dialing, except when on-hook dialing is used. In the latter case, the user can press the "dial" key at any time to trigger the sending of all dialed digits to Unified CM

Warm Regards,

I did see reference to that from another search, but I don't see a way to make that change. I am not using a Cisco UCM I am connecting to a FreeSwitch server.

When I do leave the phone on hook and dial, I get a dial softkey that comes up, but pressing it does nothing.

Is there a way in the cnf.xml file to lower the inter digit timer? It works fine for the SPA303 so I believe it is phone related.

Thanks.

The config file doesn't have any T302 timer related setting. You can try a lower firmware if it worked fine earlier else a firmware upgrade is recommended.

Manish

I upgraded the phone to the latest firmware, 9.4.-2SR1-1. Same outcome.

Is there an entry I can make to the cnf.xml file to set the T302? I can't find a document from Cisco listing every option for the xml file.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Is there a document from Cisco that outlines every option that can go in the XML file for configuration? Is there a entry for the T302 timeout?

Thanks

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

dialplan looks fine.  The only thing that sets out between the 7941G & the SPA303 is the firmware on the 7941G.  Please try 9.4(2)SR1 and later.

pkinane
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you taken a pcaps at the phone and at the server to narrow down where the delay is (this will allow you to be confident about where it is)?

---------------------------
Please rate helpful content (i.e. videos, documents, comments). Also, please select the correct answer(s) if any comment(s) answer your question otherwise the questions remains on the support forums as unanswered
---------------------------

No, not yet. I would think it is the phones as the 303s work just fine. The 7941s are the only ones exhibiting this delay.

Thanks