cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7942G resetting to Factory defaults

balaji11p80
Level 1
Level 1

I have got an cisco 7942G through my work for home use. the support contract expired sometime in 2013. I am trying to reset factory default and it stuck in the "UPGRADING" screen and nothing happens after that. Any help to resolve this is greatly appreciated. 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have a call control CUCM/CME? Is the phone able to talk to the TFTP server? It needs to download the load files from TFTP - before it is in usable state, since you have performed a factory reset.

Phone needs to talk to a TFTP server either your call control or You can set this up on a PC as well (Refer here or google for better instructions)

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

Look up on this blog or the URL I provided in previous post or google (recover bricked cisco phone)

You need tftp and you need to download and install the files in root directory. Also set the option 150 ip as your PC.

-Terry

Look at it if it has DHCP Options setting somewhere (though I doubt it). Do you have access to any basic Cisco switch use that? Otherwise it appears easier option is take it back to work and plug it in and it will download all files etc. and will be fine.

-Terry

7 Replies 7

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have a call control CUCM/CME? Is the phone able to talk to the TFTP server? It needs to download the load files from TFTP - before it is in usable state, since you have performed a factory reset.

Phone needs to talk to a TFTP server either your call control or You can set this up on a PC as well (Refer here or google for better instructions)

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

I dont have the call control. This is now connected to my home network. DHCP is being provided from my Router. I have downloaded the TFTP server on my laptop. What should i do next to bring back the phone live. 

Look up on this blog or the URL I provided in previous post or google (recover bricked cisco phone)

You need tftp and you need to download and install the files in root directory. Also set the option 150 ip as your PC.

-Terry

completed all the above. Now trying to see how i can set the option 150 ip as my PC. I am using a Netgear SOHO router for my DHCP. 

Look at it if it has DHCP Options setting somewhere (though I doubt it). Do you have access to any basic Cisco switch use that? Otherwise it appears easier option is take it back to work and plug it in and it will download all files etc. and will be fine.

-Terry

Apple to crack this by setting up a dhcp server with option 150 and boom it worked. Thanks. 

Good stuff - Thx for the feedback!

-Terry