Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 IP-Phone does not show "settings" menu

jose cortes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,  I have this issue:

An IP-Phone was move from one site to another. I think that IP-Phone has DHCP enable and a Static IP address because when I plug it into the network and I do a Debug on my DHCP server (running on a ASA5505) I see the reques going from the IP-Phone to the ASA requesting the IP address 172.18.45.119. This IP address is within the range of the old site. The new site has the IP segment 192.168.68.X. Because of this behavior the IP-Phone does not go further than the "IP requesting" state and then it does not get a valid IP address and don't register against the CME either.

The problem is when I try to enter into the Settings options to change this configuration. When I press the Settings button nothing happens, the menu never comes up. I've tried doing a power cycle on the IP-Phone, also disconnecting the IP-Phone from the Network and try again with the Setting button but still nothing happens. Finaly I found something about the user fo **#* or something like that in other posts but I did not get when I have to press this keys.

Please help!!

Thanks and Regards

Jose

2 Replies 2

troullier00
Level 1
Level 1

Try resetting the phone to factory defaults.

1) Power cycle the phone and hold down the # key.

2) release the # key when the lights begin to flash.

3) press 123456789*0#

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you have option 150 set in the DHCP of new segment.

Seeting may have been locked by CM admin.