cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960, remove lines, add new ones

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

I know this is basic, but I have limited voice experience.

We have CUCM System version: 7.1.5.32900-2

I have a 7960 phone that currently has two existing extension numbers. I want to remove those numbers and replace them with two different existing extension numbers.

Should be pretty simple.

I went to the phone requiring the changes and selected "Modify Button Items" from the configuration page. I moved the line I want to remove from the "Associated Items", over to the "Unassigned Associated Items", then disassociated the line.

The line was removed.

The problem is adding the new line, I am running into trouble.

I have the line associated to the phone, but I am unable to move the line from "Unassigned Associated Items" over to the "Associated Items" column on the "Modify Button Items" page.

Am I not going about this correctly?

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All you need to do is go to the device --> Dn and change the extension directly on the line, it will only change it on this phone and not others if you have shared line appearance.

Since you removed the line already you modified the phone button template on the device, change it back to a template that allows you as many lines as you desire.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks once again Chris, you always help me with the correct answer.

My pleasure, I appreciate the nice rating as always, happy holidays.

HTH,

Chris

I have the same problem.  Our phone came with 6 buttons but only 4 are programmed. How can I create an entry for myself in the directory and an extension?