cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7961 phone handset has not dial tone

fq_z1999
Level 1
Level 1

i met a 7961handset problem, this handset can not hear dial tone when i pick the hand,but i test this handset on other phone, confirm this handset can works well ,i also use a good handset to connect the handset port on this 7961,but the problem is same ,i can not hear any dial tone . my user use a old 7960 phone, i replace this 7960 by using this 7961,i just do a super copy ,and meanwhile , on CM we can see 2 same extension number, but i can not hear dial tone from 7961 handset, if there are 2 same extension number  on CM,and one is 7960,another is 7961,so we just use one hard phone  and another phone will not hear any tone from handset? how to solve this ?>

1 Reply 1

bsundar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

From your problem description, the issue seems to be with the 7961 phone and not the handset. I would recommend replacing the 7961 phone.

And when you have 2 phones (either hardware or software) with the same extension number, they are considered shared phones and both should get a dial-tone (if they are shown registered on CUCM)

Thanks,

Bala.

PS: Please rate useful posts. Please mark the thread as answered if the issue is resolved.