cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7962 with a 7914 module

hilljnexweb
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who just got a 7914 module added to the phone. We are running call manager 7.1. How do I associate existing DN's to that module?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

Once the 7914 module has been added to the phone physically then you have to add

it via CUCMadmin. On the 7962 phone config page under expansion module add the 7914.

Then have a look at the Phone Button Template for the 7914. If you find the default Button Template you can Copy it/rename it (something like 7962 with 7914)and reconfigure it with the appropriate Line Buttons. Once this has been done go back to the phone/device in question and apply this new Phone Button Template> Update> and you will see all the Line keys available to add the required DN's

Here is an example

Phone Button and Expansion Module Template Information

Phone Button Template* 7960 - Six Line

Expansion Module 1 Standard 14-Button Expansion Module

Expansion Module 2 Standard 14-Button Expansion Module

Hope this helps!

Rob

I see all that, but it will only allow me to add new DN's. I need to add Exisiting DN's so the user can pickup the calls from that line if need be.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

OK...sorry for misreading your first question

So if one of the DN's you want to add to the 7914 was 7001,

you can't add a shared line for 7001 directly on the DN config page

for a Line Button on  the 7914?

I've never heard of that before.

Cheers!

Rob

We have a phone setup to do just that right now. I tried copying it, but no dice. The existing DN's are people's phones. This user needs to have buttons on the 7914 module configured to allow them to pickup those lines if need be.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

I'm sorry if I'm not getting it here. I do understand your goal

If the user who just got the 7914 is @ DN 5555, can you please try;

Device > Phone>Search>Directory Number =5555

Once the 7962 for 5555 pops up do you see the new/available Line buttons where you can

add the DN's you want?

The Phone Configuration window provides an alternate method for adding a directory number.

Use the Device > Phone menu option and create a new phone or search for an existing phone. After you create the new phone or display the existing phone, click either the Line [1] - Add a new DN or Line [2] - Add a new DN link in the Association Information area on the left side of the Phone Configuration window. The Directory Number Configuration window displays, and you can continue with Step 4 of this procedure.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b03dn.html#wpxref32091

Cheers!

Rob