cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7965 Ring to 2 different lines

sailfish
Level 1
Level 1

In the past i was able to login into my cisco phone online and update it so I can have the base phone ring as well as ring to another line.  It appears that i can no longer do this.  I don't want to call forward all calls but I want the incoming call to ring both in the office and to my second phone.  How can this be done?

5 Replies 5

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @sailfish 

An option is to use a feature called [Shared Line]. With a shared line, you can configure two or more phones to ring simultaneously when a call comes in on a specific line. This can usually be configured through the phone's web interface or through the phone's configuration file.

To configure a shared line, you would need to assign the same line number to both phones and then configure the phones to ring simultaneously when a call comes in on that line. This would allow you to have the incoming call ring both in the office and on your second phone.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Got it.  Thank you

You're welcome @sailfish 

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Could you kindly share more info how you configure a shared line by logging to the phone's web page ?

Response Signature

What is your setup, what Call control platform are you using ? 

CME or CUCM ?

When you said second phone, is it another extension which you need to ring ? This can be done by hunt group.

If you want to configure the same line, add the same extension on second phone this will be shared line behaviour

If you want to ring a outside number, then you need a RDP.

Btw how do you manged to login to the phone online  and do those things ? Are you talking about self care portal ?

Response Signature