cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7985 Phone Keeps Restarting

LVBuckner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm testing out CUCM 8.6.2a in my lab and have run into a curious bug.  I have statically configured a 7985 video phone to register with my lab ccm, and the phone keeps restarting.  I have added the latest firmware to CUCM for the 7985 phones, however the phone does not reach the TFTP download screen.  I have checked and re-checked the ip settings as well as the switchport confi,g and switched patch cables.  None of those items seem to be the problem. In addition, I have 3 statically configured 7975 phones that work without any issues.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

LB

7 Replies 7

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Try to do erase configuration in ip phone and do the above process again. Also restart your CUCM tftp services.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Plese rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Ronak,

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, I have done this several times with no change. I will open a TAC case to see if this is a bug of some sort.

Thanks

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you ping from CM to phone ?

Paolo,

Thanks for your reply. Although the phone is stactically configured with an IP, it is not pingable due to the constant restarting/resetting.

If static doesn't work, try dhcp.

Thanks, that will be my next step.

Tried DHCP, still having the same issue.  There appears to be an issue between the 7985 phone and CUCM 8.6.2A.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: