Views
Helpful
Replies

8800 upgrade from 3PCC to Enterprise

echaubet
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I might have missed something in the documentation but I spent a lot of time trying to upgrade my 3PCC phones to Enterprise.

This is why i wanted to share it with you in a simple task list:

1. download from CCO a 8800 firmware. .zip format, not .cop.sgn.
  2. unzip the files and share it with a TFTP server. I used a third party TFTP server and the CUCM too, both works.
  3. connect to the phone using the following URL: http://<IP Phone IP Address>/admin/advanced
  4. click on Voice tab and Provisioning.
  5. in Upgrade Rule field, put tftp://<TFTP Server IP Address>/<path if not in the root>/<Firmware name>.loads (exemple: tftp://1.1.1.1/sip88xx.10-3-1-20.loads)
  6. for Enable Enterprise Image Upgrade, select Yes.
  7. check if the Firmware upgrade is at it's default value (Yes) and click on Submit All Changes.

MIND not to unplug power during upgrade!!! We have lost one phone because of a bad network connector...

Hope it will help.

5 Replies 5

ruimartins1000
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

Can you recall how long did it took to upgrade?

10 minutes, half-hour, one hour? :) Thx

Has the Enable Enterprise Image Upgrade option been removed? We just got a 8861-3PCC running sip88xx-11-0-1MPP and we don't have the option to set Enable Enterprise Image Upgrade to Yes. Is it still possible to upgrade this to the enterprise firmware? If so, how? 

Me too!

Running sip88xx.11-0-0MPP-7.loads and no enterprise upgrade option.  Is there something that can be added to GP parameters for that?  Can't find ANY release notes for this process.

Did you figure out the Enable Enterprise issue?  I am having that problem and can't find an answer. 

Has this "Feature" now been removed? It would be good if Cisco could confirm as we purchased these phones on a SIP solution until the customer could migrate to CUCM. A search yields the below "bug" with the conditions and workaround

Conditions:
Upgrading 7821 from 3PCC firmware to Cisco enterprise firmware

Workaround:
Cross-upgrades between 3PCC and Enterprise firmware are NOT allowed for any Cisco IP phones.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb50513/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir