cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8821 Dropping Registration

SSGZeke
Level 1
Level 1

We purchased several 8821s to start replacing our aging fleet of 7925G phones.

The 7925G's work great, but unfortunately the 8821s are experiencing horrible issues.

They randomly drop registration and will not pick back up.  This happens whether or not the device is roaming or sitting right underneath the same access point.

We are running CUCM 9.1.2 and the phone firmware load is up to date, 11.0(3)SR4

I'm new to Cisco voice so I don't know where to start troubleshooting.  RTMT shows registration dropping for reason code 14

I've also seen the phone lose registration for several minutes, then randomly restart and pick registration back up, only to lose registration again.

25 Replies 25

Ok, thanks for the update.

Anyone with specific issues around CUCM registration dropping I would suggest using the latest firmware that was released at the end of October. 

cmterm-8821-sip.11-0-4SR2-15.k3.cop.sgn

Our testing is positive so far. 

Cheers

Adam

This is still occurring with the latest firmware update. 11-0-5SR1-4.  We are using Cisco Meraki APs.

When the phone drops registration, is the phone still connected to WiFI?

Hello everyone,

we have the same issue with our CP-8821. Random lost registrations. The wifi still connected. After some second its registered again. 

Under Phone Settings > Admin Settings > status its shows me the message "UCM-closed-TCP"

Did someone have a workaround?

Best regards,

Matthias

What firmware is the phone loaded with?

I have sip8821.11-0-4SR2-15 and on a another device  sip8821.11-0-5SR3-2 but still have the same problems

Best regards,

Matthias

When the registration drops, do the phone lose WiFi connectivity?

No the wifi still connected

Best regards,

Matthias

In the attach you can see a lot of "UCM-closed-TCP" messages. We have trouble with calls. If the enduser was on a call after sometimes they cant hear each other and the phones not showing the phone number. If the phone not in use its lost the phone number too so i think this closed message is the reason for the call interruption.

Best regards,

Matthias

These phones are junk. We moved to using Cisco Jabber as our only workaround.