Views
Helpful
Replies

8831 Won't Register

Scott Hanson
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

CM 8.6.  Had to upload a Device Pack the get support for the 8831 phones to be an option.  I can now see the 8831 as a type of phone but it won;t register.  I can see the phone on the switch though and even moved it to a port where another phone that could reach CM was.  Someone else loaded the Device pack and stopped and started the TFTP services but I though the cluster had to be rebooted.

Anyone have any ideas on why the 8831 might not be coming up?  I have Auto-Registration on and it has worked on all the other phone types.

Thanks in advance!  All replies rated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

"but I though the cluster had to be rebooted."

You are correct that a cluster reboot is required when a device pack is loaded to support new device types.

Have the servers been restarted?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

"but I though the cluster had to be rebooted."

You are correct that a cluster reboot is required when a device pack is loaded to support new device types.

Have the servers been restarted?

No they have not but I just scheduled the reboot.  Thanks!

Your welcome.

david
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott,

The 8831 you are trying to connect, is it fresh from factory? Cisco introduced in November a new firmware for 8831 - Version 10.3.1. If you downloaded the latest DevicePack (8.6(2.26157)) on CCO for 8.6, you most likely have this firmware as the default for this device in Callmanager. 

Factory firmware is 9.3.3.5 and you can't upgrade straight from 9.3.3.5 to 10.3.1. You need to use a special firmware deoending on where you are located in world for this upgrade path. This is due to the DECT wireless controller in the phone that needs to be set to the proper region.

There is more info here: 

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074288/118220/cmterm-8831-sip.10-3-1-16-readme.html