cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8851 Not Registring

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

We are using cucm 11.0(1) version, 8851 phone is unable to register. do i need to upgrade or any bug defect?

14 Replies 14

Is the phone getting IP address? Is the VLAN properly set?

To which TFTP server is the phone connecting?

Does that node have the TFTP service running?

What is the status of the phone on the CUCM? None or Unregistered? Does the CUCM see the IP address of the phone?

To perform a firmware upgrade you will need to get the phone registered in first place.

Is the phone getting an IP address?

Do you have a DN built on Key 1 also?

yes it's getting ipadd.

no we don't have built on key..

Hi Siva,

can u try adding the phone manually in Call manager and check whether it is getting registered ?

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

Even i tried that... Still no luck.

Phone get all information but its not getting registered..

From CUCM cli can you ping the IP address assigned to the IP phone. 

I did all basic testing from side.. But still its not getting registered.

Siva, if the phone is registering with SIP, please remember that you need to set a extension (i.e. 1001) for the phone to be able to register.

Dear Jaime,

I pushed the configuration through BAT, but still it's not getting registered.  I did all my basic testing. I am wondering any bug defect would cause this issue?

Siva,

Please try a factory reset (via keypad method) and then a manual phone registering without BAT.

If it does not work open a case with TAC and perform an RMA. I don't belive this is related to a FW bug.

Best Regards, Jaime.

Thanks dear..

I already done multiple factory reset.. there is no luck.. Better i will go and do a RMA...

Do a packet capture on the phones switchport to see if its getting the config file from TFTP and whether its actually attempting to register.

What do the logs in the Phone Web page show?

let me do a capture packet and let you know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: