cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8851 VoIP phone has no ring

dsmutz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 8851 VoIP phone that now has no ringer noise at all. Second phone with this same issue. New phone worked for about 2 weeks and now is having the same no ring sound issue.  Have tried factory reset and have checked call service settings; also DND is not on. Any suggestions as to why this would happen to a second phone? Are there any other things to check on the phone physically or in Call Manager?

4 Replies 4

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the phone firmware. Have you checked for any known cisco defect with the current firmware? If you have checked all possible settings, try to change the firmware on one phone and see if that helps.

HTH
Rajan
Please mark all useful posts as helpful and solutions as accepted wherever applicable

we are at latest firmware version. All settings match other devices that are working without issue.

I did a super copy, replaced the phone and when I brought back the bad phone and plugged it in to test with, the speaker made an awful screeching noise. So, it is a bad speaker in the end. Just weird to have 2 phones within weeks with the same issue in the same location.

In the device's Directory Number Configuration, under Line 1, verify the Ring setting. If it's set to "Flash Only" (as shown in the screenshot), change it to the system default.
Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 10.22.42 PM.png

That setting is to System Default. 

All settings match other devices that are working without issue.

I did a super copy, replaced the phone and when I brought back the bad phone and plugged it in to test with, the speaker made an awful screeching noise. So, it is a bad speaker in the end. Just weird to have 2 phones within weeks with the same issue in the same location.