cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8865 Unregistered

fuy5
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I need some help. I have no experience with Cisco products at all. I'm a Sys Admin but have been tasked to deploy some new phones to end users because our Network Admin is no longer with the company. Anyhow, we have .1x on our network and we utilize a switch to configure new workstations and devices and then ISE them before connecting these devices to the actual network. The phones that I've configured so far, is working perfectly fine when connected to this switch, however, the moment these phones are disconnected from this switch and connected to the actual network, all of the phones are stuck in "unregistered" status. They've all been ISE'd and are in the right group/policy. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? Please advise! Thank you! 

1 Reply 1

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This sounds mostly as a security/routing issue.

Can you compare the IP address (on the Phone) and Authentication Profile/GroupPolicy (on ISE) when the phone is on your switch with the settings when the phone connects to the rest of your network?

Do you have an operational phone on the rest of your enviroment? Can you check the logs on ISE?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies