Views
Helpful
Replies

8945 DnD alert

networknoob
Level 1
Level 1

Running firmware SIP8941_8945.9-3-1-18

When the DND softkey is pressed, a popup appears notifiing you that it is either enabled or disabled. Then it dissapears. There is nothing else to signal that DND is enabled, unlike on the 79XX where there is text stating that it is active. Is there any way to change this behavior?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8941_8945/8_5/english/admin_guide/6921usr.html#wpmkr1031286

If you configure DND as a line key you get an indication, but you are correct and it's working as designed that when using the softkey only for DND there is no indication once the popup goes away.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not near a phone to test, but if I remember correctly don't you have to assign the DND button to a line rather than a softkey like the feature keys on a 89xx/99xx?  If so the featyre key should be red when DND is enabled, and not lit when DND is disabled.  I'll try it once I'm near an 8945 to see if I have the same result.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8941_8945/8_5/english/admin_guide/6921usr.html#wpmkr1031286

If you configure DND as a line key you get an indication, but you are correct and it's working as designed that when using the softkey only for DND there is no indication once the popup goes away.

Also one thing to watch out for.  You cannot modify the phone button template from the phone itself or you'll get an error "Update failed. Cannot change fixed feature button".  To get around this go to Device > Device Settings > Phone Button Template and add DND to a phone button there, then assign the template to the phone and it works.

Although its not an answer I would prefer, this seems to be correct. I've got a few phones with 4 lines on them for whatever reason, so this doesn’t seem to be a fix for those users.

Thanks for looking into it!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: