cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8961 IP Phone constantly requests CTLSEP<MAC>.tlv after factory reset

Rob Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I have an 8961 IP phone running "sip8961.9-0-0-70dev". When the config is erased (All) the phone resets but constantly asks the TFTP server for CTLSEP<MAC>.tlv. There is no CTL file, nor has there ever been security configured.

How can I stop the phone asking for CTLSEP<MAC>.tlv and get on with downloading its config/firmware upgrade?

Thank-you

-Rob.

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is part of the Communications Manager Security By Default feature. After the phone boots, obtains an IP address, and the address of a TFTP server, the first files it will ask for are the CTL and the ITL file. This is used to determine if the phone requests a signed configuration file or not.. This is an example of a signed configuration file..Security is enabled by default on cucm 8.0 and above.

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Ayodeji, thank-you for your reply. From what I've read in 8961 documentation, though, if there is no CTLSEP<MAC>.tlv file on the TFTP server (Publisher in this case) then it should proceed without security and request the .cnf.xml file. My phone is not doing that - it constantly requests the .tlv file

-Rob

Yes Rob you are correct if there is no CTL file, then the phone will request an un-signed configuration file. What system are you using? CUCM or ccme? Can you post the full phone logs here..Attach it?

Please rate all useful posts