cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8961 IP Phone Support for Electronic Headset Hookswitch? Callmanager 10.5

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

In Callmanager 10.5 is there support for using an external headset electronic hookswitch device such as the Plantronics APU-71 with a 8961 IP Phone with expansion module?  The 7900 IP Phones have an option to enable the electronic hookswitch in the phone configuration in callmanager but this is missing from the 8961 IP Phone configuration.

Has anyone successfully used a electronic hookswitch adapter for their headset with the 8961 IP Phone?  Plantronics lists it as compatible but I don't want to order a part until I know it will work and our vendors are stumped on this right now and are waiting for a response from TAC but I thought I would see if anyone else had run into this issue while waiting. 

Jim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jim,

With the APU-71 the connection to the 8961 is via USB and uses a different setting instead of the Electronic Hookswitch setting that something like a 7900 series would use. On the phone/device page you would set as shown below;

5. The USB port on the phone should be setup as a 'Audio Class' port. This setting can be done via Cisco CM. (Phones that apply: 8961 ,9951, 9971)

From;

http://www.insight.com/content/dam/insight/en_US/pdfs/plantronics/plantronics-cisco-voice-partner-solutions-guide.pdf?cm_re=Solutions-_-UCC-_-RC-Plantronics-Cisco-Voice-Partner-Solutions-Guide

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jim,

With the APU-71 the connection to the 8961 is via USB and uses a different setting instead of the Electronic Hookswitch setting that something like a 7900 series would use. On the phone/device page you would set as shown below;

5. The USB port on the phone should be setup as a 'Audio Class' port. This setting can be done via Cisco CM. (Phones that apply: 8961 ,9951, 9971)

From;

http://www.insight.com/content/dam/insight/en_US/pdfs/plantronics/plantronics-cisco-voice-partner-solutions-guide.pdf?cm_re=Solutions-_-UCC-_-RC-Plantronics-Cisco-Voice-Partner-Solutions-Guide

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob.  Since the 8961 only has one USB port on the side and we have an expansion module attached does the USB just pass through the  can we use the USB port on the expansion module or is it used for communication with the expansion module? 

Cheers,

Jim