Replies

9.9XX PSTN RP problem

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Good day.

We have native pstn RPs like 9.[3-5]XXXXXX

Today i've been asked to add RPs for short three digit numbers like 940

I've created RP like 9.9XX  but i get continuous off hook beep.

Using E1 PRI with MGCP gateway.

According by "debug isdn q931" i see the call reach provider without problem.

DNA also indicates no problem.

CCM 5.1.3-8000

Tried change 9 to 8 or 3,no difference.

what can it be?

Please help...

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you see the call being sent out in the debug ISDN q931 output (i.e. as called number = 940) then your configuration is correct.

If the call fails you should see a 'reason' for the call failure in that debug. If you are sure 940 should be a valid number, you would most likely need to speak to your service provider.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you see the call being sent out in the debug ISDN q931 output (i.e. as called number = 940) then your configuration is correct.

If the call fails you should see a 'reason' for the call failure in that debug. If you are sure 940 should be a valid number, you would most likely need to speak to your service provider.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for response.

Could it be caused by hanged RL or PRI channel?

As i know same issue can be because of conflict route patterns.

But this time by another reason :-(

Hi

If it reaches the gateway and shows as you want it to on the debug, then it is being sent out correctly.

If other calls are proceeding on the channel that a failed 940 call is going through, then the channel is fine.

Regards

Aaron

Thanks,Aaron.

Contact provider again...