cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 phones getting delay to display also connect to outside..

Mohamed Haneefa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Am facing with 9971 SIP phones taking time to connect call outside. When phones are in idle state is getting delayed to turn ON (4 sec),if the phone is in off hook state for dialing the PSTN is also taking time to connect. At the same time we have some SCCP phones like 7975 are not showing this delay with the same network. 

As I have changed the inter digit timeout (T302 = 3000) in CUCM and voice gateway parameter for quickly connect to PSTN. After that it seems to be fast..But phones are still getting delayed to display.I want to reduce this overall processing time.

* we are not using any overlap on any route pattern!!!!

* There is no such difference ,even i tried to make a sip dial rule on the 9971 phone itself...

Network Layout

============

Cisco Unified Communication Manager (UCS -220-M3)

CUCM  11.0.1         ==  T302 timer is 3000

Voice Gateway-2811

VGW                           ==   Inter digit timeout 2 sec

Gateway Protocol        ==   H323

Please let me know ,If any suggestions ,!!!!

regards,

Haneef

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have overlapping in your dial plan, you can only get so far by lowering the timers to the minimum values, but that's it, if you want to fix the root problem, you need to change the dial plan and remove the overlapping, that's the only way.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime Valencia

Thanks for the information .we are not using any overlap on any route pattern!!!!!!!!!!!

your prompt response in this regard will be highly appreciated

If you changed the T302 parameter in CUCM, and that affected what you were seeing, you have overlapping, and your dial plan, is not just the route patterns, is ANY DN or pattern configured in CUCM.

Run a route plan report, EVERYTHING you see there, is your dial plan.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime

what is the reason for 9971 phones getting delay to turn on display,when phone was in idle stage.sometime it took 6 seconds to turn on.