Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 weather and calculator applications

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi All,

I have CCM 8.6 and 9971 phones with firmware 9971.9-1-1SR1. I am trying to configure weather and calculator applications without any success.

I download the jad and jar files from cisco website. I upload the files to the tftp and create a URL service but it didn't work. I don't know if we need external webserver or not

Can anyone help with this ? thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For both MIDlets (in the form of a JAD file and a JAR file) to operate properly, port 80 communication must be unblocked between IP Phones and the Internet.

Note: Refer to the steps mentioned in the "Midlet Installation and Configuration Guide.pdf" available while downlading the apps file.

HTH,

Gifton Abel.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For both MIDlets (in the form of a JAD file and a JAR file) to operate properly, port 80 communication must be unblocked between IP Phones and the Internet.

Note: Refer to the steps mentioned in the "Midlet Installation and Configuration Guide.pdf" available while downlading the apps file.

HTH,

Gifton Abel.

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

yoy are right regarding the guide. I found you need a web server to run these files.

Anas

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Frank Hohenadel
Level 1
Level 1

where have you found the files on the website?

Regards, Frank

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Files are here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/ipPhone_thankyou.html

Regards,

Mansoor