Views
Helpful
Replies

A single user can't place calls with Jabber - the call button is greyed out

janeupdegraff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I thought I would ask here before opening a TAC case ... don't feel like waiting on the phone right now... 

I have a single user having a unique, new problem (new to me anyway) with Jabber (10.6.3 build 61622 on Windows 10) that none of my other users are having. He can chat in Jabber and see the entire corporate directory like normal. He can search for other users, find them and launch a chat session using the "chat" bubble button. However in every Jabber window the "call" button that usually has a green phone on it is "greyed out" and inactive. The other 275 users have normal green call buttons in their Jabber clients and can dial out on their phones using Jabber. 

I combed through his user account in CUCM and IMP and made sure that nothing is different there. I also went through his assigned extension (DN) configuration and his phone just to see if there might be something different there as compared to other users. Everything is the same about this user, extension and phone as my other users as far as I can tell. His computer is the same exact PC model that about another 60 people are using without issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled Jabber, uninstalled then when that didn't work I uninstalled again, removed all the Jabber AppData folders an reinstalled (did that twice), reset jabber a few times and nothing changes. The phone icon button stays stubbornly grey. 

There is an interesting secondary symptom that comes with this behavior. When Jabber is running and you try to sign out (not exit but select "Sign Out" on the menu) the gui just sits there and spins and never completes the logout. I end up waiting for ten minutes then giving up and selecting "exit" to close the app completely. I've never seen that happen either so I am thinking that it is possibly related. 

Any other ideas where I should be looking? 

Jane

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the CSF device shows as registered in CUCM?

Do you have proper directory resolution so it can pull the phone numbers?

Have you reviewed the PRT?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate