cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound calls failing

harresh123
Level 1
Level 1

We all of a sudden started seeing inbound calls from carrier failing with Requested channel not available. On testing further we see that the carrier is trying to fork calls on a channel that is already pre-occupied and hence the cisco returns "Requested circuit/channel not available" to the carrier. There is clearly a miss-match in bearer channel status on the gateway vs the carrier. I am not sure what could cause this all of a sudden. We unchecked "inhibhit restart at PRI initialiazation" but to no avail. The only thing that seems to clear up this issue for sometime is a controller reset or a mgcp restart. Any ideas on what else could be causing this?

5 Replies 5

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Seen some cases where "Inhibit restarts at PRI initialization" didn't work in first place.

• Unchecked this option and Save
  • Reset the GW
  • Reload the GW

Still Not working,

• Delete the MGCP GW from CUCM
  • Remove the mgcp/ccm configs
  • Reload the GW
  • Add the GW back into CUCM and make sure to uncheck "Inhibit restarts at PRI initialization" option before adding

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this a fractional E1? (ISDN 10, 20)?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Try below
In Interface Serial: of PRI change the Isb bchan number.
isdn bchan-number-order {ascending | descending}.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

mariodavila1
Level 1
Level 1

We are expexriencing similar issues. Were you able to find a solution or did any of the replies help you fix the issues?

Seems like it "times out" and returns to normal service after a while. I suspect we are having an issue with the carrier.

Not sure why unchecking the "Inhibit restarts at PRI initialization" will resolve this.....

I guess it's worth a try but I don't like guessing...

We had the carrier turn off the B-channel service messaging on their side.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: