Views
Helpful
Replies

AAR berween 2 different CUCM clusters via intra-site trunk

marcusdewaal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have 2 separate independent CUCM clusters in the same network with an intra-site trunk between them. Can I use AAR between them? Both sites use 4-digit dialing internally, but now I need to configure 10-digit dialing between them so that when a user in cluster A dials a full PSTN 10-digit number, it first translates to 4-digit then goes across the trunk and the phone rings in cluster B. However, when I activate AAR and CAC, my call is not getting rerouted across the local PSTN. I always get the “out of bandwidth” then reorder tone. Does AAR only work between remote sites on same cluster? Or can it work between different clusters? If not, how else can I set this up?

Regards,

Marcus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct, the calling end point needs to know the external phone number mask configured under the DN to use AAR, and you do not know that info from the other cluster as that's a separate DB. It used to work only for calls withing the same cluster.

With newer releases, if you want that to work, you need to configure SAF/CCD, so you publish that information for the other cluster and it has the E.164 DN from the phone on the other cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct, the calling end point needs to know the external phone number mask configured under the DN to use AAR, and you do not know that info from the other cluster as that's a separate DB. It used to work only for calls withing the same cluster.

With newer releases, if you want that to work, you need to configure SAF/CCD, so you publish that information for the other cluster and it has the E.164 DN from the phone on the other cluster.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: