cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Abbreviated dialing on 8945 phones

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

What's the preferred (or only) method to setup abbreviated dialing on 8945 phones?  These need to be unique to the phone/user.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have your users go their CCMuser page, log in, click on user options -> device, select the device (if they have more than one), then click on speed dials.

Speed dials that cannot be shown on the phone will be abbreviated dials.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Okay, that seems fine.  But now will users have to log in and go through those menus to use their speed dials?  It seems pretty convoluted...

No, if you have speed dials configured on phones they just press the button.

Otherwise they dial the index from the abbreviated dialing they want and then press abbrdial.

That's just for configuring them

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This may be the same issue, but I will ask in a different way.  I have programmed 8 speed dials numbers into my system through the CCM user page.  Now only the first 2 show on my phone screen with the label I gave to each and next to soft dial keys on the phone.  How can I see the other 6 speed dials on my phone screen?  Or are you saying that I need to memorize which number is assigned to each speed dial I program (or log back into the CCM user page) before I can use it on my phone?

Thanks!

Did you verify your phone button template has those additional buttons correctly configured?

Sorry - I don't know what that means. Which additional buttons are you referring to? There are 4 buttons down the left hand side - 1) my name, 2) and 3) speed dials I programmed, 4) DND. 4 buttons along the bottom - if I press any number key, one of those buttons switches to Speed Dial. The problem is that I don't have all the speed dials memorized so I won't know which number to press.

I am just a user, not an administrator. But if you can tell me how to check, I will.

Thanks,

Tim Kramer

Director of Quality Assurance

Kärcher NA

750 W. Hampden Ave. Suite 400

Englewood, CO 80110

303-738-2424 (Tel)

720-285-6125 (Cell)