Views
Helpful
Replies

access dial peer

Joli Martinez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are migrating away from our Acme SBC and would like a sample config of an access dial peer.  This will be inbound dial peer. We are looking for something that has a limit on registration attempts and if possible a way to ban IP's if limit is reached, and does Cisco have a way to lookup known fraud based IP's  

So

Internet SIP phone -> Cube -> PBX

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can get a lot of documentation around dial peer config if you just search cisco.com for that.

Recent IOS have toll fraud mechanism and only IPs that are defined, or used in dial peers, will be allowed.

I don't believe any voice related features have any method to have a list of known IPs to be banned.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can get a lot of documentation around dial peer config if you just search cisco.com for that.

Recent IOS have toll fraud mechanism and only IPs that are defined, or used in dial peers, will be allowed.

I don't believe any voice related features have any method to have a list of known IPs to be banned.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I know that I can do the toll fraud, but this is for an access realm meaning for registrations from the world.  Toll fraud will only work for trunking.  

I need an example of something that will allow anyone in but limit the amount of registration attempts and any other recommended security best practices for access realms.

thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: