Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing Corporate Directories of Two Clusters

justserve
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Kindly assist to profer solution on this if possible.

If I have two clusters on two different network segments with the Clusters linked together by an ICT . How can I enable phones in each cluster to access the corporate directories of both cluster s.

For instace if the two clusters are A and B. How do I enable phones on cluster A have access to corporate directories of clusters A and B? Also phones in cluster B should be able to access both corporate directories.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can integrate both clusters to a common AD server and you will be able to see users from both clusters. Or you can use the IP phone service, for example:

1. Go to Feature > Cisco IP Phone Services > Add a New IP Phone Service.

2. Fill in the Service Name and a Service Descriptionand for the Service URL put in the following .....    http:///CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp   where X.X.X.X is the IP Address of the PUBLISHER the other cluster.

3. Go ahead and Click Insert and Click Update Subscriptions.

4. Subscribe a phone to this service and reboot it, then you will have a new service pointing to the Directory of cluster 2.

The other way will be to build a customized corporate directory that includes users of the 2 clusters.

Regards,

Tere.

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

I have been able to achieve it with the first option but if I provisioned the same using a Line button, I error message that An Error occurred and was logged. Where do I get the error log and how can I resolve this.

Also, the two clusters are 6.1 and 7.1.5. The user on 7.1.5 can access the corporate directory of 6.1 but it didn't work the other way from 6.1 to 7.1.5

For option 2: How do I build a customized corporate directory? I will appreciate a guide on this.

Thank you.

Guys,

Assist to response. I still cannot achieve the same with the call manager servers on 6.1. I need your assistance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: