Views
Helpful
Replies

Ad Hoc Conference Failures

mccullough.ken
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I'm running into a strange problem when a client attempts ad hoc conference calls.

If the client is dialing a third party when attempting to initiate an ad hoc conference, if he hits the conference button prior to the called party picking up, he will go back to his original call, but the conferenced party will not join and "cannot complete conference" is displayed on his phone.

If the client dials a third party, and waits for the called party to pickup before he hits the conference button, the conference will initiate as expected.

Any thoughts?

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With ad hoc the called party needs to anser before you can conference them in...(although i think that I have just pressed the conference button while the call was ringing in times past.....)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009476a.shtml#adhoc

What version of CUCM are you using..

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for the response aokanlawon.

I've been able to conference in a ringing number in the past as well, but I've not personally done it on the network in question.

They are using CUCM 8.6, and using a 2911 with PVDM3 DSPs as a conferencing media resource.