Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding new Subscriber into the CM Cluster

mohsin majeed
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Experts,

We have CM cluster with Pub, 3 Subs, 2 TFTP servers. All the servers have CM versions as below:

Active : 9.1.2.13900-10 Unrestricted

Inactive : 9.1.2.10000-28

I would like to add one new subcriber and i have ISO for 9.1.2.10000-28 already in the data store.

During the installation it gives version mismatch error which mean i need to have ISO for 9.1.2.13900-10 Unrestricted

Management would not prefer to switch back the version because we also have VCS 8.5.1 version compatibity with CM Active version regarding MRA feature.

Please check the attached error and i am using the hostname correctly

My concern is that how i can get ISO for 9.1.2.13900-10 Unrestricted to install new Subscriber or other solution.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Alternatively during the installation of the base version the installer should ask you if you want to perform upgrade and that is where you specify yes and point to the source of the upgrade media.

View solution in original post

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mohsin,

No need to sitvh the other servers to older version. Instaed you could follow the belo steps:

- Install 9.1.2.10000-28 as I suppose you have the bootable ISO file for that

- SInce the Pub is in another version, you will get the error for version mismatch

- To avoid this, during installation of the new sub, select the option "yes" when it asks whether you want to "upgrade during install"

- If you select this option, then it ill first install the base version 9.1.2.10000-28  using the bootable and then it ill ask you to provide the upgrade file

- At this point mount the non-bootable Upgrade ISO file for version 9.1.2.13900-10 so that installation will continue to bring the sub up in this version and there ont be any mismatch

I have deployed using this option multiple times. Remember the base version ISO should be bootable one to complete this.

HTH

Rajan

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to install 9.1.2.13900-10 directly, you will need a Bootable ISO. Cisco TAC cannot provide this to you, so you will need to reach out to your Cisco Accounts team and they can provide you this bootable image.

The only other way is to schedule an MW, switch versions on the Publisher and other subscribers to the older version and ensure DBrep is good, and then add the new node. Then install 9.1.2.10000-28 on the new node.

Then switch version on the publisher first, followed by the other subscribers, including the new node.

Hi Sreekanth,

Thanks for nice suggestion. But, as i mentioned we had no plan to switch the version back. I found the non-bootable ISO and used the process as Rajan mentioned and it success.

Regards,

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Alternatively during the installation of the base version the installer should ask you if you want to perform upgrade and that is where you specify yes and point to the source of the upgrade media.

Thanks Rajan for providing more details around my suggestion.

np Chris.. Typing took a while to post :)

I see :-) +5 for nice detailed description.

Hi chris,

Thanks for short and correct reply. I want to take 1 point back ;) bcoz of short answer.

Thanks again

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mohsin,

No need to sitvh the other servers to older version. Instaed you could follow the belo steps:

- Install 9.1.2.10000-28 as I suppose you have the bootable ISO file for that

- SInce the Pub is in another version, you will get the error for version mismatch

- To avoid this, during installation of the new sub, select the option "yes" when it asks whether you want to "upgrade during install"

- If you select this option, then it ill first install the base version 9.1.2.10000-28  using the bootable and then it ill ask you to provide the upgrade file

- At this point mount the non-bootable Upgrade ISO file for version 9.1.2.13900-10 so that installation will continue to bring the sub up in this version and there ont be any mismatch

I have deployed using this option multiple times. Remember the base version ISO should be bootable one to complete this.

HTH

Rajan

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Rajan,

Thank you soo much

I manage to upgrade with the help of you guys.

Infact i couldn't find this 9.1.2.13900-10 ISO from cisco. When we upgraded all CM servers 4 month before; at that time i downloaded this non-bootable iso by using my previous company ID but not able to download this time.

This remind me the FTP server where we placed this iso for upgrade. I found that FTP server by luck.

I used the same process that during the installation of old version i check upgrade Yes and then through FTP.

Thanks again for your help

Best Regards,

mohsin majeed
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

With continue to the new subcriber is not being displayed in CM group. In RTMT database replication all server including new subcribers have 603 replications created and replication status is 2 for all.

Do i need to restart a specific service or the server or cluster.

Regards,

This is done

Mohsin,

Are you good with the CUCM group appearance now?  If not, you need to first start CUCM service on the new Sub and then it will apeear as available node to be added to CUCM groups.

Yes CM group was done.

Thanks for all of your support

Regards,