Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Advanced SIP 3th Party Phones Licenses on Call Manager 7.1

Hi guys, i have a Question.

My boss is planning to buy some new third party SIP phones, and I don't know if we hace to buy the licence with cisco or with a cisco partner.

Most of our Cisco IP phones were bought with a CULW STD License, but there are a lot of features we do not offer by now (mobility extension, presence).

For that reason I have some Free DLU's in my Call manager, It is not a problem to add a few SIP phones.

But..

How is the best way to follow?

Do you highly recommendo buy a license?

and If I have Free DLU's, why?

Where can I buy just the licence, just for a one SIP advanced Third Party Phone (It is only allowed to buy CUWL licences for our company).

What do you usually do in this case?

Well, that a lot of questions, but I want to do this the right way, so please share your knowledge.

I will apreciate any answers.

regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Juan

You can use any 3rd Party SIP Phone with CUCM and can register as Basic (need 3 DLU's) or Advanced (need 6 DLU's) no restriction from CUCM side, as long as you have enough DLU's to add phones, you can add Cisco or other third pary SIP Phones but you may not get any TAC support on these phones if you run into any issue.

HTH
Arun

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Juan

You can use any 3rd Party SIP Phone with CUCM and can register as Basic (need 3 DLU's) or Advanced (need 6 DLU's) no restriction from CUCM side, as long as you have enough DLU's to add phones, you can add Cisco or other third pary SIP Phones but you may not get any TAC support on these phones if you run into any issue.

HTH
Arun