cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After 2 incoming calls, 3rd caller goes to VM or gets busy signal.

Kenneth McCoig
Level 1
Level 1

We have a new Call Manager 10.5.2.11900-3, online for only 2 months. The Call Manager is a single server virtual machine running on BE6000. At the same time we configured a new Cisco 2921 CUBE to forward all incoming calls to a live receptionist (extension 2100) which is on a 8861 desk phone. Back when we first turned up if receiving more than 2 incoming calls, the 3rd caller would get a busy signal.

To prevent the callers from potentially getting a busy signal (and because we wanted something for callers to navigate after hours) last week I created an AA in my Unity Connection server and made a configuration change in my Cisco 2921 CUBE to send all incoming calls to the new AA extension (2001). During normal business hours the AA forwards all calls to a live person with no greetings played and no caller input necessary. The live person is still at extension 2100. Only now, if receiving more than 2 incoming calls, the 3rd caller is sent directly to voicemail.

We want the 3rd incoming caller and each successive caller to stay in a ringing state so the receptionist has a chance to handle all the calls.

I am able to reproduce the problem by calling our main line from a cell phone, letting the receptionist place me on hold, then calling in from a different cell phone and letting the receptionist place the 2nd call on hold. Then calling from a 3rd cell phone the call will go directly to receptionist voicemail.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This looks like you need to change the busy trigger on extension 2100. By default I believe the busy trigger is set to two and looks like you have a CFB to voicemail ticked. Increase the busy trigger..

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kenneth,

Please check below setting on  phone at line level

The call forward busy trigger gets configured for each line appearance in a cluster and cannot exceed the maximum number of calls that are configured for a line appearance. The call forward busy trigger determines how many active calls exist on a line before the call forward busy setting gets activated

Multiple Call/Call Waiting Settings on Device

Note:The range to select the Max Number of calls is: 1-200
Required Field
Required Field  (Less than or equal to Max. Calls)

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to explain exactly what you configured, and where.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This looks like you need to change the busy trigger on extension 2100. By default I believe the busy trigger is set to two and looks like you have a CFB to voicemail ticked. Increase the busy trigger..

Please rate all useful posts

Thank you, I was hoping it would be something easy. Will give this a try and report back.

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kenneth,

Please check below setting on  phone at line level

The call forward busy trigger gets configured for each line appearance in a cluster and cannot exceed the maximum number of calls that are configured for a line appearance. The call forward busy trigger determines how many active calls exist on a line before the call forward busy setting gets activated

Multiple Call/Call Waiting Settings on Device

Note:The range to select the Max Number of calls is: 1-200
Required Field
Required Field  (Less than or equal to Max. Calls)

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.