cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any tips for using the CUCM Bulk Admin Tool for 7942 to 8851 Phone upgrades?

bwolf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm working on upgrading all 7942s (near end of life phones) with 8851s.  My call center phones were easy, I used the Bulk Admin Tool to use a template to insert the phones into call manager, with ext mobility, we distributed the phones, agents log in to them with their Device Profile, and every thing is good.

That was easy because there isn't one specific user for the phone, they could all be generically inserted.  The rest of the 7942s we need to replace belong to specific people, so there will be a one to one swap, the 8851 coming in needs to have the same extension(s), line displays, ASII displays, masks etc. that the 7942 had, some people have two extensions, some have one.  The template for the generic agent phones was simple, I just don't know how I'm going to ensure that everything gets moved over to the 8851s that was on the 7942s.

I've seen a few guides, but they get confusing because there are so many if/thens that it's hard to tell what exactly applies to me.  Does anyone know of a good guide specifically for the situation I described above?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depending on the number of phones you bought for the migration, you might be entitled to migrationFX which would do what you're asking, might want to discuss this with your SE.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: