cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyway to sync digest credentials with LDAP user password?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Anyone seen a place to digest credentials to be the same as your LDAP password?

3 Replies 3

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tommer,

I just checked into this in response to a question on my blog and I didn't see any "built in" method for supporting this. The only way I can think of making this work would be to insert a sub-routine (that leverages AXL)  into a customer's normal self-service portal for LDAP password resets. Of course, this assumes that the customer has a "normal self-service" portal for password resets and that the customer follows SOPS governing the process consistently.

Of course, given the fact this would be a custom solution, selling the concept is harder than doing the actual work.

Ideally, it would be great if CUCM would take ownership of authenticating SIP messages against LDAP using the same methods leveraged for standard user authentication. Short of that, a workaround would be required.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

See now, this is all just crazy witch talk and black magic.   You are saying if I sprinkle some IBM dust on my AXL sub-routines, I might be able to have it produce a fire eating authentication (digest of course) dragon?!    

Actually, it does make sense.. but it seems to be a little out of scope for how I support CUCM for at least my customers.  I know another engineer that may try and actually do this and make it work.

Thanks much and hope all is well!

Tommer,

I hear you. 99% of our customers would bulk whenever we bring up customizations like this. Even if they are functional and sustainable.

Oh well.

Hope Tommerland is a happy place.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify