Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5350 universal gateway octet 3a

deebu2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

i am trying to configure the gateway aslike SIP to ISDN call. on ISDN call setup end the called number is displaying as unknown on mobile users.

the screening indicator parameters need to be adjusted(user provided verified and passed)

can any one help me to adjust the octet 3a in my gateway ?

Feb 28 14:09:44.143: ISDN Se3/0:15 Q931: Applying typeplan for sw-type 0x12 is 0x1 0x1, Calling num 447892140263
Feb 28 14:09:44.147: ISDN Se3/0:15 Q931: Sending SETUP callref = 0x008F callID = 0x8015 switch = primary-net5 interface = User
Feb 28 14:09:44.147: ISDN Se3/0:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x008F
Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3
Standard = CCITT
Transfer Capability = Speech
Transfer Mode = Circuit
Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
Channel ID i = 0xA98381
Exclusive, Channel 1
Calling Party Number i = 0x1180, '447892xxxxxx'
Plan:ISDN, Type:International
Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '664060444'
Plan:ISDN, Type:National

regards,

Dbu.

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According Netherlands official Numbering Plan, the NL numbers starting with 12 are reserved and not available for allocation. Thus I assume your issue is caused just by invalid Calling Party Number which pass no upstream's screening.

thanks for you time.

please ignore the calling party number.  I am passing correct number only.  just i removed the original number and pasted dummy number.

Can you make sure that you are passing the number is the format which is expected by your telco? The telcos will override the calling number (most of time) if its incorrect.

Also, make sure that you are passing the correct plan and type. 

thanks Dan and Mohammed,

we are sending

Information element: Calling party number
        Length: 14
        .... 0001 = Numbering plan: E.164 ISDN/telephony numbering (0x01)
        .001 .... = Number type: International number (0x01)
        0... .... = Extension indicator: information continues through the next octet
        .... ..00 = Screening indicator: User-provided, not screened (0x00)
        .00. .... = Presentation indicator: Presentation allowed (0x00)
        1... .... = Extension indicator: last octet

they are excepting as

Length: 13
        .... 0001 = Numbering plan: E.164 ISDN/telephony numbering (0x01)
        .001 .... = Number type: International number (0x01)
        0... .... = Extension indicator: information continues through the next octet
        .... ..01 = Screening indicator: User-provided, verified and passed (0x01)
        .00. .... = Presentation indicator: Presentation allowed (0x00)
        1... .... = Extension indicator: last octet

we have requested telco partner to adopt my configuration set-up.  waiting for update from them.

As of now there is no way to adjust octet 3a setting when we use the SIP to ISDN.

once again thank you all for your valuable time.

So operator doesn't follow standard.

Well.

In Call Manager you can (quotedr from 3.2(2a) Call Manager Release Notes):

Find the CgpnScreeningIndicator, a Cisco CallManager service parameter in the Service Parameter page. Set the CgpnScreeningIndicator to value 1 (User-provided, verified and passed).

I'm not familiar with the configuration enough to advise how to configure it from CLI. Either someone more skilled will advise you here, or call Cisco Support ...

Well, according documentation, numbers are claimed as User-Provided unless configured to claim them Network Provided.

Configuring Globally the SIP Pass-Through of the Passing Calling Number as Network-Provided

Moreover, unless you have special arrangement with your telco operator, standard screening procedure should apply - it mean screening indicator provided by you should be ignored and replaced by operator supplied value. Quoted from EN 300 092-1:

[9.3.1] ... At the originating side, the network shall set the value of the screening indicator based on the outcome of the screening of the calling number. The network shall disregard any value of the screening indicator, if received from the calling user. 

Either your provider use customized screening procedures or the issue you are facing is unrelated to screening indicator value.

So my recommendation - ask your telco why the number provided by you is not passed and what values you should pass in ISDN SETUP to solve the issue.