Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 second line is not registering

Hi Team,

We have CUCM 8.6 and ATA 187, we are able to work only with Line 1 whereas if i try to configure Line 2 it is taking configuration. Please help me registering it.

Regards

MAC

Regards MAC
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

As i told you above you will create two MAC addresses with different DNs.

device - ATA 187 - MAC address 34xxxxxxxx91 - DN (1000) as example  for the first line - save and apply configuration

device - ATA 187 - MAC address xxxxxxxx9101 - DN (1002) as example for the first line - save and apply configuration

you will have two MACs with two Dns =ATA 187 configuration

thank you

please rate if this will help

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

For Example i have an ATA 187 which has  MAC is AABBCCDDEEFF and i need to configure the two lines .

please find the below

ATA 187 auto-registers to Cisco Unified CM with two MAC addresses. One is the MAC address from its back cover, the other one is shifted MAC (for example, MAC is AABBCCDDEEFF, and shifted MAC is BBCCDDEEFF01 ). In order to resolve this issue, you need to use the shifted MAC to provide the second port of a DN.

based on the above you will create to phones (ATA 187) each one with one phone number , finally you will have two phones with two dn ( but they are for the same device)

Thank you

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Line2 is considered as different device by CUCM, In order to configure the second line or port, you need to drop the two left-most digits from the Cisco ATA MAC address and add the digits 01 to the right-most portion of the MAC address in order to make a MAC address for the 2nd port.

You can refer to:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3340989

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/187/1_0/english/administration/guide/sip/a187_ag2str.html

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Hi Tere and Kamal,

Thanks for replying, i have added ATA exactly as you have suggested. My MAC address of the box is 34xxxxxxxx91 and have changed it to 01xxxxxxxx91 but it is not registered and the status is showing it as Unknown. Also i have tried it adding it at the end 34xxxxxx01 but it didn't work.

Pls help me getting it fixed

Regards

MAC

Regards MAC

Hi,

Go ahead and delete all the ATA 187 configuration. Then add the ATA as 2 devices as follows:

Line 1  DN 1 MAC  34xxxxxxxx91

Line 2  DN 2 MAC  xxxxxxxx9101  (just delete the first 2 characters, and append 01 at the end)

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Hi Tere,

You mean to say i have to add twice the MAC as given by you?

Device-->Phone-->ATA 187-->SIP

I will add second MAC after removing first two digits and add 01 at the end of the real MAC then How do i select Line 2 to configure DN number as it is unassigned lines section? second MAC will also be showing 2 lines.

Regards

MAC

Regards MAC

Hi

As i told you above you will create two MAC addresses with different DNs.

device - ATA 187 - MAC address 34xxxxxxxx91 - DN (1000) as example  for the first line - save and apply configuration

device - ATA 187 - MAC address xxxxxxxx9101 - DN (1002) as example for the first line - save and apply configuration

you will have two MACs with two Dns =ATA 187 configuration

thank you

Hi,

I am able to configure second line, followed the same procedure and created the second line. It is working fine, what mistake i did was, i kept everything same as the line 1 even description also after that it got configured and registered.

Thank you all for your inputs.

Regards

MAC

Regards MAC