Helpful
Replies

ATA-190 drops registration

Evgeny Andreev
Level 1
Level 1

hello

cucm 8.6.2

have got  5 ata-190, and all of them have one problem - it drops registration and became unregistered after some period of time. after reboot it works fine several days and then drops it again.

tried different firmware (now it is  ATA190.1-1-2-005), but it doesn't help

ATA-187 works fine.

18 Replies 18

I am having the same issue, ATA-191 going unregistered after an extended period of time ( 1 or 2 months).

I also am wondering which parameter to change.

I do see a parameter in the Product Specific Configuration Layout section named Line 2 Support*.

Mine was Enabled and I have set it to Disabled and now I play the waiting game.

Anyone know anything different?

@Alpha wrote:

I am having the same issue, ATA-191 going unregistered after an extended period of time ( 1 or 2 months).

I also am wondering which parameter to change.

I do see a parameter in the Product Specific Configuration Layout section named Line 2 Support*.

Mine was Enabled and I have set it to Disabled and now I play the waiting game.

Anyone know anything different?

Did this setting change resolve the issue?

Yes it seems to have corrected the problem. I say seems because I have had a couple of drops since the change but I know one was due to 802.1x MAB and I suspect the other was due to something different. I check all ATA most Tuesdays and Thursdays and have not seen drops like I did before. So I say it fixed my problem.

IsaacGuidroz
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing the same issue (ATA going unregistered after an extended period of time, 1 or 2 months) using CUCM System version: 12.5.1.12900-115. There are a total of 135 ATA 191 units in this environment. During the last two months, over 70 units have become unregistered from CUCM. line-2 support has been disabled on all units and issue persists. No other VIOP devices, even on the same subnets as these ATA 191s, are affected. I have opened a third TAC case regarding this issue yesterday (Issue was never resolved). I have setup a controlled testbed with 14 ATA units and am prepared to perform packet capture and continue troubleshooting. Please share if resolution is discovered, I will do the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: