cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 191 and an Elevator

tormenteddave
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ATA 191, connected to UCM 10.5.2  The elevator (an analog phone) is programmed to call an extension in our company to notify that someone may be stuck, and it does that just fine.  The issue I'm facing is when the monitoring station hangs up, the line stays open causing the phone in the elevator to go off hook, not hang up, it will eventually time out.  As it stands now, the monitoring station has to enter a DTMF code which hangs up the Elevator phone.  So my question is how can I get the ATA to recognize that the Monitoring stating hung up and it should hang up the Line going to the Elevator.  Or for that matter UCM.  We are using 88xx on SIP. Any advice would be much appreciated. 

11 Replies 11

TelecomBilling
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, did you ever find a resolution to your issue?  Thanks.

I also have been experiencing the same issue with testing the ATA 191 registered to CUCM connected to an elevator line. Call works fine, but elevator side does not hang up when the other end does.

User3356
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here.  did anyone find a solution?

marktollett1
Level 1
Level 1

Having the same issue! Can't believe this hasn't been resolved. I'm looking into it because I need it fixed!

Ours worked after the most recent firmware upgrade for the ATA 191 to 12.0.1 SR5 and our CUCM was also upgraded to 12.5.1 SU7 at that point as well.

These updates allowed us to change the CPC duration for the ATA devices within CUCM. We set ours to 0.250. Our test worked with that setting.

May I know how to change the value of CPC duration at the Cisco ATA 191? Could you please provide a detail procedure for us? Thank you so much!

Never changed it. Don't know how or even what it does.

If you go to the device configuration for the ATA device in CUCM and go down to the Product Specific Configuration Layout section, you will see CPC Duration (0-1.000s) as a field you can edit (attached screenshot).

CPCDurationCUCM.PNG

Cisco was no help. Never could get it to work. We finally gave up and put them on dedicated analog lines. If you find a a solution please let me know.

marktollett1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the replies. I'm playing around with it. Will let you know what I find out!

marktollett1
Level 1
Level 1

Ok here's an update. I found a device that you add in line between the ATA and the Elevator phone. It's a CPC Generator. You can program it to listen to different tones. Before when dispatch hung up on the call you would hear dial tone for a while and then busy tone for what seemed like minutes. So I programmed this device to key off of dial tone. I just installed it this morning and made two successful test calls. Now after dispatch hangs up you hear dial tine for a couple of seconds and then it hangs up. 

Here's the device: https://www.sandman.com/knowledgebase/tags/calling-party-control

Let me know if any questions. I'm going to order two more as this particular building has three elevators. Once all are installed we will conduct more testing. If all goes well we'll be able to replace for all of our elevators for some good potential savings.