cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto assign third-party SIP phones on a Call Manager Express

vschallenberg
Level 1
Level 1

Have the requirement to configure a Call Manager Express to operate with third-party SIP phones. The configuration needs to be configured prior to knowing the MAC address of the third party SIP phones. This would be similar to using the “auto assign” command with SCCP phones on the Call Manager Express. When activating a phone on the system, the parameters associated with each phone would be available to program into the phone.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no need to know MAC address for configuring SIP phones. You can practice with CME or read threads to find why.

This is being developed on a lab router operating Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Version 7.0(1). When I attempted to configure voice-register-pool without an "id" command, I get a "configure voice-register-pool id first" message from the router. The router shows three options for the "id" command, "ip", "mac", and "network". The IOS will only accept "mac". Is there a way to work around this?

Id mac with a dummy mac.

As indicated before, search the forum more on the subject.

vschallenberg
Level 1
Level 1

I changed the “id mac” associated with a working SIP phone and the phone would not register.  When I changed it back to the correct mac address, the phone registered again.  The phones are in the same subnet as the router.  I did several searches on the Cisco Support Forums and could not find a discussion concerning how to configure SIP phones on a CUCME without a correct mac address.  Clarification as to how to configure a third party SIP phone on a CUCME without knowing the actual mac address would be appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: