Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic call disconnect

fernandogarciat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys.

the requirement is to disconnect outgoing calls to PSTN after 10 min, in cme and cucm.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No native way in either system, as Wilson has pointed out, you can only do this via TCL scripting, which means for CUCM you need to use H.323 on your GWs.

As Terry has pointed out, the only parameter that controls this in CUCM, will affect every single call in the cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For CUCM use the: Maximum Call Duration Timer Required Field: Set it in minutes.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Edit: But this will apply to all calls, so may not be something you are looking for.

Thanks guys,

We can use terry's option for cucm and I will also try the tcl option.

You DO understand the parameter will affect EVERY SINGLE call to ANY destination, correct?

HTH

java

I can assume that every call that is processed by CUCM is affected by the service parameter:
outgoing, incoming and internal calls, right?
As far I understand tcl scripts are applied to h323 gateways in dial peers, so internal calls are not affected and that would be applied only to certain pattern destinations.

Yes, any call that is processed by CUCM will be limited to 10 minutes if you change the parameter, I've never seen anyone use it to limit the time of calls as you want.

The only real option, is to develop your TCL script to do that at GW level.

HTH

java

Ok, thanks Jaime.

10 minutes was just an example but now I'm aware of the impact of changing this value in cucm.

I've never worked with tcl scripts but now it's a good time to start to work on it, and it sounds like is not a big configuration, but in my experience something that at first sounds easy can in no time become a big deal.

Hi..

Did you get any solution for this?

If yes,Could you please help me?

Hope your support

Hi Firoz.

At the end the client didn't want to go this option, so we never came to implent it, sorry, I had no need to research further.

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I dont think there is any direct parameter in the CCM to do it yet, (other respected members, please free to update us all if I am outdated on this.)

In the past, if you have an H.323 GW, you could achieve this with the help of a TCL Script.

Here is one Tcl guide for IOS 15.4

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/voice/ivr/configuration/guide/tcl_c.pdf

HTH

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No native way in either system, as Wilson has pointed out, you can only do this via TCL scripting, which means for CUCM you need to use H.323 on your GWs.

As Terry has pointed out, the only parameter that controls this in CUCM, will affect every single call in the cluster.

HTH

java