cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BACD dial tone

martnord05
Level 1
Level 1

When using the BACD in drop through mode I get the US dial tone after the welcome greeting. Is there a way to configure this for swedish dial tone? Everything else in the system is set to swedish standards and working, it's only the BACD that do it US style.

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which version of B-ACD are you using?

I cannot see it giving dialtone in the 2.1.2.2 version that I'm familiar with and have somewhat improved.

Ah, sorry. It's version 3.0.0.1. CME 7.1

I've looked at 3.0.0.2 and still I'm not sure where it is playing US dialtone.

If you are using drop-through to dial-by-extension, you should have silence after the "enter extension" prompt.

Maybe I've missunderstood the concept but I'm using it like this: incoming call -> welcome to acme -> caller is sent out on a hunt list (dialtone) -> 15 sec later if no one answers -> all agents busy -> moh.

edit: The user wont have a choice, it's just a queueing mechanism.

Ok, I think what you're calling dialtone, it's actually ringback tone. That is, while some phone is ringing, caller hears a tone lasting 2 seconds, with intervals of 4 seconds of silence. Correct ?

Yes, exactly! Sorry for mixing up the terms :)

When you call from an IP phone to another, do you hear US or Swedish ringback tone ?

Swedish. And swedish when I'm calling from the PSTN to the other extensions except the B-ACD, aa/queue service.

Sorry, another check, if you call the hunt-group pilot number from an IP phone, which ringback tone ?

I've only been connected remotely so I havnt had the possibility to test but they have the same "problem" internally it seems. Are there more to be done other than set user/network locale to swedish for the system to present the swedish ringback tone?

This is a limitation then, calls to an hunt-group do not give the localized ringback tone.

You can contact your cisco representative to put in a feature request to change this behavior.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: