Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Paul McGurn
Frequent Contributor

Bandwidth capacity question (CUCM & UCCX)

We're planning on spliting our UC environment (CUCM, UCXN, UCCX) across a WAN.  By looking at the SRND's for each, I estimate that we'll need 3.7Mbit bandwidth on the WAN just for intercluster communication for all the servers.  We have a 6Mbit connection, so that leaves us 2.3Mbit for actual voice traffic if we were to terminate calls on the other side of the WAN from the users.

The region settings between the WAN-connected sites are set to use G.729 for all calls, except for UCCX (this requires G.711, so it has it's own region).  My question is, when the call is sent from UCCX to the Agent, will this downgrade the call quality to G.729?  Meaning, the only time the calls will be using higher bandwidth is when they are in queue with UCCX (G.711), and once the agent takes them, they will reduce bandwidth to G.729.

Does this sound correct?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris Deren
Hall of Fame Master

How many servers do you have on each side?

6 Mbps does not seem like sufficient bandwidth to split your cluster, as you will need 1.5 Mbps for each rote CUCM, 1.5 for ICCS traffic.

About 2-3 Mbps for UCCX depending on BHCA and

How many UCON ports are you configuring as this is the biggest one you  need to look at, i.e. you need 7 Mbps for every 50 ports?

For your second question the answer is yes codec will change to G729 when call is extneded to agent. The rest sounds correct.

HTH,

Chris