Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT file 64 bits

Dear Friends,

My computer is 64 bits MS Windows 7 Professional. I just downloaded the BAT file from UCM 9.1.2 to my PC, but I can´t work with it because when I tried edit it, it shows:

"The project code of this file should be updated for a systems of 64 bits"  (Attached file with error image)

I asked to TAC Cisco and they told me what the BAT file is 32 bits and it doens´t work in a 64 bits computer. Does anyone know how to use this file in a 64 bits computer?

Besta Regards

Claudio Quiroz

Voice Support Engineer 

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to run 32-bit office for BAT to work, the Windows OS can be 64-bit, but office needs to be 32-bit.  

If you want to go to to 32 bits MS Office, you should replace your PC to 32 bits.

Is there anyway to emulate to 32 bits?

Why didn´t Cisco think about this problem?. Today all PCs are 64 bits.

No need to replace a PC. You need to get your hands on 32-bit MSFT Office, uninstall 64-bit version and install the 32-bit version of Office.  The Windows OS can stay as 64-bit as 64-bit Windows OS supports 32-bit applications.

There is actually a Visual Basic modification to make this work in 64-bit as I have used it a few times now.

http://www.wesdijk.net/Blog/Bericht/4/Fix-BAT-tool-for-CUCM-with-Office-2013-64-Bit

Brandon, thanks for sharing this, I was not aware of this workaround.  Well deserved +5.

Hello Brandon,

I have MS Office 2010 in my computer and I did your procedure, but the VBE shows me:

"Compilaton error: Private Sub cmdBrowse_Click() value" The system has detected an ambiguos number. 

Could you help me or give me any cloud?

Website is no longer available. Anyone have some saved notes they can share?

Running into the same issue.

chrisgapske2
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco does a poor job with BAT