cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT to Change Phone Type

krstubblefield
Level 1
Level 1

My organization has old 6945 phones and we just received 50 7841 devices.  I am not very familiar with BAT (bulk admin tool) but I thought this would be the best way to replace the devices while keeping the lines and user info the same.  My thought was that I could download a set of users using BAT, change the MAC, button template and security profile and then reload the file and the phones would be updated to the new phone type and still have all of the old line and user information.

Is this possible?  If so what is the procedure?

3 Replies 3

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

BAT "Phone Migration" is intended for this purpose.  You need a template for the new phone type, then a CSV file with one column MAC addresses of the old phone, one column the MAC for the replacement phones.

Do you have an actual example?  The sample file in CUCM is not exactly clear to me.

The response from Tony is quite clear, what part of it do you want more details about?

In CUCM you need to create a phone template for the new phone model under bulk administration and the CSV should contain two columns, one with the old and one with the new MAC address.

Response Signature